Things to Bring & to Know
I. The Personal Items to bring :
- Good shoes anti slip & waterproof
- Hat or a Cap
- Long wear (cotton)
- Rain coat or waterproof jacket
- Torchlight's ( Head Lights )
- Backpack (30-40 liters)
- Sleeping Bag
- gloves / hand socks
- UV protection and Sun Glasses
- Personal Medication
- Drinking Bottle ( 1 liter )
- Small Waterproof Bag(s) ( for passport, documents, camera etc etc )
- Mosquito Net ( optional )
- Separate a copy of your passport.
- Money changing, sometimes is hard, Excepted Money are Euro, American Dollars, and Singapore Dollars, Moneychangers are in almost each Coastal cities, the Banks almost never except foreign money, with a lot of reasons. Dollars are excepted in 100 bills, the 50 and 10 bills loose value of 15 to 40 % in exchange rates.
All Foreign Money bills have to be clean, and looking like new bills, old printed and bad looking bills loose also in value, or even aren't changeable at all. If you are coming from another Island in Indonesia, please provide you needed amount in Rupiahs when possible there.
For Travel Information to reach Kalimantan, please visit our How To Get There site
For Medical or Healthy Information, visit our Medical Care site